I suddenly realized that I never posted the recipe for laundry detergent! So here it is! (It is HE compatible)
Homemade Laundry Detergent
You will need:
1 bar of soap (any kind you want)
1 cup of Borax
1 cup of washing soda
a big pot ( that holds more than 2 gallons)
a long spoon
2 empty gallon jugs/containers (I bought some from Walmart, but you can use your left over milk jugs)
1. Grate your soap into your pot
2.Fill one of your jugs with water and pour into pot. Cook until the soap is completely dissolved.
3. Add borax and laundry soap
4. Bring to boil. I have found that it will sometimes boil over here, keep an eye on it.
5. Turn off heat. Add one more gallon of cold water. Stir well.
6. Pour into your containers (funnel really helps here) and let sit overnight. They will thicken. Mine sometimes separate and I just shake before I pour into my machine.
1/2 cup per load.