Here is a recipe I tried out a few months back. Makes a TON of food and is super good. Be prepared for lots of peeling though 😉
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced (if you use jarred, it’s a 5 teaspoon equivalent)
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup Directions:
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
- Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!